Get a fresh start in your career life! Goal setting and career ideas for this year. Workshop Presenter: Claire Marchiano, NBCC Certified Career Counselor.
Career Coaching Workshops: 4 Focus Areas
(cost $10 members; $15 non-members) YWCA Career Coaching Workshops Online Schedule
Focus on Job Search Essentials: Most Wednesdays 10AM-11:30AM
- JOB SEARCH MARKETING STRATEGIES | July 12th | Develop and practice your pitch, prepare to communicate what problems you can solve, learn ways to increase your networking and social media presence.
- GET READY FOR YOUR JOB SEARCH | August 9th | Look at career options, understand what you need to do to move forward and plan your targeted job search.
- SET AND SELECT YOUR CAREER GOALS| August 16th | Goals are dreams that have a plan. Decide where you want to go and learn the steps to get there.
- CREATE A PERSONAL BRAND FOR YOUR JOB SEARCH| August 30th| Name your strength and niche, decide how you want others to perceive you and develop your branding strategy.
- IS YOUR RESUME WORKING FOR YOU? | September 20th | Learn new resume standards and ways to highlight your strengths. Bring your resume and leave with solutions and fresh ideas.
- GET THE JOB YOU WANT | September 27th | Assess your options, weigh the benefits and risks of change and then utilize Planned Happenstance to move forward.
Focus on Career Shift at Midlife: Most Wednesdays Noon – 1:30PM
- WORKING IN THE PRIME OF YOUR LIFE | June 28th | Are you in your 40’s, 50’s, 60’s or more? Dream and plan for the
- MAKE YOUR CAREER COMEBACK | July 12th | Are you under-employed, returning to work or working in a position beneath your skill level? then this workshop is for you!
- TURN YOUR CAREER DREAMS INTO REALITY | August 9th| What do you want? what is stopping you from getting it? What are you doing about it? Look at new resources, get fresh ideas and leave ready to move forward.
- MAKE YOUR CAREER COMEBACK | August 16th | Are you under-employed, returning to work or working in a position beneath your skill level? then this workshop is for you!
- CREATING AN AGELESS RESUME | August 30th | Aim for the job you want. Stress your strengths and minimize age traps. Bring your current resume to this workshop.
- EXPLORE YOUR WORK CHOICES AT MIDLIFE| September 20th | What do you want at this point in your life? What don’t you want? Where do you find the work you feel called to do?
- EARN WHAT YOU’RE WORTH | September 27th| Realize that you can promote your worth. Discover resources and strategies. Learn and practice salary negotiation.
Focus on Career Exploration Most Thursdays 10AM – 11:30AM
- EXPAND YOUR CAREER OPTIONS |August 10th | Consider niche careers, portfolio careers, creative choices, green opportunities, self-employment, emerging careers and more.
- BUILD ON YOUR COLLEGE DEGREES |August 17th | Look at your academic and work life. Evaluate your choices and strategize your next career move.
- IDENTIFY YOUR TRANSFERABLE SKILLS| August 31st| Employ various techniques to identify your transferable skills. Brainstorm and map where those skills can lead you.
- USE SKILLSCAN TO DEVELOP YOUR SKILL PROFILE | September 14th | Select and rank your preferred skills. Leave with a personalized skill map and a plan of where and how to use your skill pattern.
- 10 STEPS TO A SUCCESSFUL CAREER TRANSITION| September 21st| Know why you want to change, focus on your target industry, identify your KSAs, add alternative possibilities, develop your pitch and more.
- PROFILE YOUR WORK PREFERENCES | September 28th| Look at your preferred job functions, select likely industries, choose your best skills and work settings and leave with a roadmap to guide you.
Your Potential Employers: Most Thursdays Noon – 1:30PM
- FIND EMPLOYERS THAT NEED YOU | August 10th| Focus on your job target, discover employers that fit you, create a list of employers to follow, add new resources, create a strategy to move forward.
- CREATING YOUR EMPLOYMENT PROPOSAL | August 17 |Zero in on what you have to offer. Identify employers or individuals that could benefit and begin to draft a proposal.
- WHY SHOULD I HIRE YOU? |August 31st| Practice the words employers need and want to hear and position yourself to be hired.
- FIND MEANINGFUL WORK AT A NON PROFIT | September 14th |Identify jobs in the non profit sector, consider agencies A to Z and consider whether working for a non profit could be for you.
- FIND OPPORTUNITIES WORKING FOR THE GOVERNMENT | September 21st | Consider federal, state and local job possibilities and learn techniques needed to obtain employment in these sectors.
- WORKING USING YOUR INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE| September 28th| Remember the special knowledge you bring, explore new ways to use your skills, and see where your international experience can lead you.