Get a fresh start in your career life! Goal setting and career ideas for this year. Workshop Presenter: Claire Marchiano, NBCC Certified Career Counselor.
Payment must be made in person or over the phone.
Take a look at the list of upcoming workshops below and call or book in person! All workshops held at the YWCA. (510) 848-6370 or e-mail email@example.com. Looking for additional resources? Check out Claire’s website!
Career Coaching Workshops: 4 Focus Areas
Focus on Career Shift at Midlife
Focus on Job Search Essentials
Focus on Career Exploration
Your Potential Employers
(cost $10 members; $15 non-members)
Wednesdays 10AM – 11:30AM
- CREATE A PERSONAL BRAND FOR YOUR JOB SEARCH | February 5th | Name your strength and niche, decide how you want others to perceive you and develop your branding strategy.
- CHART YOUR JOB SEARCH PLAN | February 19th | Look at your career options, understand what you need to do to move forward and plan your targeted job search
- 10 STEPS TO A SUCCESSFUL CAREER TRANSITION | February 26th | Know why you want to change, focus on your target industry, identify your KSAs, add alternative possibilities, develop your pitch and more.
- IS YOUR RESUME WORKING FOR YOU? | March 4th | Learn new resume standards and ways to highlight your strengths. Bring your resume and leave with solutions and fresh ideas.
- JOB SEARCH NETWORKING AND MARKETING STRATEGIES | March 18th | Develop and practice your pitch, prepare to communicate what problems you can solve, learn ways to increase your networking and social media presence.
- SEE WHERE YOUR COLLEGE DEGREE(S) CAN TAKE YOU |March 25th | Enumerate your work and academic skills. Evaluate your choices, understand what you need to move forward and strategize your next career move.
- MAKE YOUR NEXT CAREER MOVE | Date TBA | What do you want more and less of? Learn the 8 steps toward successful change & discover resources to aid your transition.
- WORKING IN THE PRIME OF YOUR LIFE | Date TBD | Are you in your 40’s, 50’s, 60’s or more? Dream and plan for the future.
Wednesdays 12PM – 1:30PM
- EXPLORE YOUR WORK CHOICES AT MIDLIFE | February 5th |What do you want at this point in your life? What don’t you want? Where do you find the work you feel called to do?
- CREATING AN AGELESS RESUME | February 19th | Aim for the job you want. Stress your strengths and minimize age traps. Bring your current resume to this workshop.
- MAKE YOUR CAREER COMEBACK | February 26th | Are you under-employed, returning to work or working in a position beneath your skill level? then this workshop is for you!
- FINDING YOUR CAREER PATH AT MIDLIFE | March 4th | Are you in your 40’s, 50’s, 60’s or 70’s? Find your compass, heart, mission,
vision, target, map, hat and wand.
- TURN YOUR CAREER DREAMS INTO REALITY | March 18th | What do you want? what is stopping you from getting it? What are you doing about it? Look at new resources, get fresh ideas and leave ready to move forward.
- EARN WHAT YOU’RE WORTH | March 25th | Realize that you can promote your worth. Discover resources and strategies. Learn and practice salary negotiation.
- USE YOUR CAREER PATHFINDING TOOLS | Date TBD | You need a compass, heart, mission, vision, target, map hat and wand.
- GET READY FOR YOUR JOB SEARCH | Date TBD | Look at career options, understand what you need to do to move forward and plan your targeted job search.
- SET AND SELECT YOUR CAREER GOALS | Date TBD | Goals are dreams that have a plan. Decide where you want to go and learn the steps to get there.
Thursdays 10AM – 11:30AM
- USE SKILLSCAN TO DEVELOP YOUR SKILL PROFILE | February 6th | Select and rank your preferred skills. Leave with a personalized skill map and a plan of where and how to use your skill pattern.
- PROFILE YOUR WORK PREFERENCES | February 13th | Look at your preferred job functions, select likely industries, choose your best skills and work settings and leave with a roadmap to guide you.
- TURN YOUR CAREER DREAMS INTO REALITY | February 20th | What do you want? what is stopping you from getting it? What are you doing about it? Look at new resources, get fresh ideas and leave ready to move forward.
- IDENTIFY YOUR TRANSFERABLE SKILLS | February 27th | Employ various techniques to identify your transferable skills. Brainstorm and map where those skills can lead you.
- GET THE JOB YOU WANT | March 5th | Assess your choices, name your target and utilize planned happenstance.
- FIND YOUR CAREER NICHE IN TODAY’S WORKPLACE | March 12th | Complete your skill web. Name your “must haves” Look at alternative ways to work. Learn about emerging and cool careers!
- IDENTIFY YOUR CAREER STRENGTHS USING PERSONALITY THEORY | Date TBD | Select and rank your preferred skills. Leave with a personalized skill map and a plan of where and how to use your skill pattern.
- EXPAND YOUR CAREER OPTIONS | Date TBD | Consider niche and portfolio careers, creative choices, the gig economy, self-employment, emerging careers and more.
- BUILD ON YOUR COLLEGE DEGREES | Date TBD | Look at your academic and work life. Evaluate your choices and strategize your next career move.
Thursdays Noon – 1:30PM
- FIND EMPLOYERS THAT NEED YOU | February 6th | Focus on your job target, discover employers that fit you, create a list of employers to follow, add new resources, create a strategy to move forward.
- WHY SHOULD I HIRE YOU? PRACTICE INTERVIEWING | February 13th| Practice the words employers need and want to hear and position yourself to be hired.
- FIND WORK THAT USES YOUR INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE | February 20th | Remember the special knowledge you bring, explore new ways to use your skills, and see where your international experience can lead you.
- CREATING YOUR EMPLOYMENT PROPOSAL | February 27th | Zero in on what you have to offer. Identify employers or individuals that could benefit and begin to draft a proposal
- FIND OPPORTUNITIES WORKING FOR PUBLIC AGENCIES | March 5th | Consider federal, state and local job possibilities and learn techniques needed to obtain in these sectors.
- FIND MEANINGFUL PAID WORK AT A NONPROFIT AGENCY | March 12th | Identify jobs in the non profit sector, consider agencies A to Z and consider whether working for a nonprofit could be for you.
- FIND OPPORTUNITIES WORKING FOR THE GOVERNMENT | Date TBD | Consider federal, state and local job possibilities and learn techniques needed to obtain employment in these sectors.
- YOUR EMPLOYMENT PROPOSAL | Date TBD |Zero in on what you have to offer. Identify employers or individuals that could benefit and begin to draft a proposal.
- PRACTICE INTERVIEWING | Date TBD | Position yourself to be hired by remembering what you have to offer and practicing the phrases that demonstrate your worth.
- EARN WHAT YOU’RE WORTH | DATE TBD | Realize that you can promote your worth. Discover resources and strategies. Learn and practice salary negotiation.