Get a fresh start in your career life! Goal setting and career ideas for this year. Workshop Presenter: Claire Marchiano, NBCC Certified Career Counselor.
Book Online or in Person For All Workshops. Payment must be made in person or over the phone.
Career Coaching Workshops: 4 Focus Areas
(cost $10 members; $15 non-members)
Focus on Career Shift at Midlife: Most Wednesdays 10AM – 12PM
- FINDING YOUR CAREER PATH AT MIDLIFE| June 6th| What do you want at this point in your life? What don’t you want? Where do you find the work you feel called to do?
- CREATING AN AGELESS RESUME |June 20th| Aim for the job you want. Stress your strengths and minimize age traps. Bring your current resume to this workshop.
- HOW CAN YOU EARN WHAT YOU’RE WORTH | June 27th | Realize that you can promote your worth. Discover resources and strategies. Learn and practice salary negotiation.
- FINDING YOUR CAREER PATH AT MIDLIFE| July 22nd| What do you want at this point in your life? What don’t you want? Where do you find the work you feel called to do?
- MAKE YOUR CAREER COMEBACK | May July 25th | Are you under-employed, returning to work or working in a position beneath your skill level? then this workshop is for you!
- EXPLORE YOUR WORK CHOICES AT MIDLIFE|Date TBD | What do you want at this point in your life? What don’t you want? Where do you find the work you feel called to do?
- TURN YOUR CAREER DREAMS INTO REALITY |Date TBD | What do you want? what is stopping you from getting it? What are you doing about it? Look at new resources, get fresh ideas and leave ready to move forward.
- WORKING IN THE PRIME OF YOUR LIFE |Date TBD | Are you in your 40’s, 50’s, 60’s or more? Dream and plan for the future.
- USE YOUR CAREER PATHFINDING TOOLS|Date TBD| You need a compass, heart, mission, vision, target, map hat and wand.
Focus on Career Exploration Most Thursdays 10AM – 11:30AM
- CREATE A PERSONAL BRAND FOR YOUR JOB SEARCH|June 7th | Name your strength and niche, decide how you want others to perceive you and develop the marketing strategy and online presence you need to communicate it.
- PROFILE YOUR WORK PREFERENCES |June 14th| Look at your preferred job functions, select likely industries, choose your best skills and work settings and leave with a roadmap to guide you.
- IDENTIFY YOUR TRANSFERABLE SKILLS| June 21st| Employ various techniques to identify your transferable skills. Brainstorm and map where those skills can lead you.
- WHERE DO YOU WANT YOUR COLLEGE DEGREE TO TAKE YOU? |June 28th| Enumerate your work and academic skills. Evaluate your choices, understand what you need to move forward and strategize your next career move.
- FIND YOUR CAREER NICHE IN THE WORKPLACE | July 5th | Complete your skill web. Name your “must haves” Look at alternatives ways to work. Learn about emerging and cool careers!
- 10 STEPS TO A SUCCESSFUL CAREER TRANSITION| July 12th| Know why you want to change, focus on your target industry, identify your KSAs, add alternative possibilities, develop your pitch and more.
- GET THE JOB YOU WANT |July 26th | Assess your options, weigh the benefits and risks of change and then utilize Planned Happenstance to move forward.
- IDENTIFY YOUR CAREER STRENGTHS USING PERSONALITY THEORY | Date TBD | Select and rank your preferred skills. Leave with a personalized skill map and a plan of where and how to use your skill pattern.
- USE SKILLSCAN TO DEVELOP YOUR SKILL PROFILE| Date TBD | Select and rank your preferred skills. Leave with a personalized skill map and a plan of where and how to use your skill pattern.
- EXPAND YOUR CAREER OPTIONS|Date TBD | Consider niche and portfolio careers, creative choices, the gig economy, self-employment, emerging careers and more.
- IDENTIFY YOUR CAREER STRENGTHS WITH THE KEIRSEY |Date TBD | Take the Keirsey Temperament Sorter to see why some jobs fit you better than others and why you are drawn to certain kinds of work.
- BUILD ON YOUR COLLEGE DEGREES |Date TBD | Look at your academic and work life. Evaluate your choices and strategize your next career move.
- USE SKILLSCAN TO DEVELOP YOUR SKILL PROFILE | Date TBD| Select and rank your preferred skills. Leave with a personalized skill map and a plan of where and how to use your skill pattern.
Your Potential Employers: Most Thursdays Noon – 1:30PM
- FIND EMPLOYERS THAT NEED YOU |June 7th| Focus on your job target, discover employers that fit you, create a list of employers to follow, add new resources, create a strategy to move forward.
- FIND WORK THAT USES YOUR INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE| June 14th| Remember the special knowledge you bring, explore new ways to use your skills, and see where your international experience can lead you.
- WHY SHOULD I HIRE YOU? PRACTICE INTERVIEWING | June 21st | Practice the words employers need and want to hear and position yourself to be hired.
- TURN YOUR CAREER DREAMS INTO REALITY |June 28th | Consider niche careers, portfolio careers, creative choices, green opportunities, self-employment, emerging careers and more.
- FIND OPPORTUNITIES WORKING FOR A NONPROFIT |July 5th|Identify jobs in the non profit sector, consider agencies A to Z and consider whether working for a non profit could be for you.
- CREATING YOUR EMPLOYMENT PROPOSAL | July 12th |Zero in on what you have to offer. Identify employers or individuals that could benefit and begin to draft a proposal.
- FIND OPPORTUNITIES WORKING FOR THE GOVERNMENT | Date TBD| Consider federal, state and local job possibilities and learn techniques needed to obtain employment in these sectors.
- PRACTICE INTERVIEWING| Date TBD| Position yourself to be hired by remembering what you have to offer and practicing the phrases that demonstrate your worth.
- FIND OPPORTUNITIES WORKING FOR THE PUBLIC SECTOR|Date TBD| Consider federal, state and local job possibilities and learn techniques needed to obtain in these sectors.
Focus on Job Search Essentials: Resume in the Fall
- GET THE JOB YOU WANT|Date TBD| Assess your choices, name your target and utilize planned happenstance.
- CREATE A PERSONAL BRAND FOR YOUR JOB SEARCH| Date TBD| Name your strength and niche, decide how you want others to perceive you and develop your branding strategy.
- MAKE YOUR NEXT CAREER MOVE |Date TBD |What do you want more and less of? Learn the 8 steps toward successful change and discover resources to aid your transition.
- JOB SEARCH MARKETING STRATEGIES THAT WORK | Date TBD | Develop and practice your pitch, prepare to communicate what problems you can solve, learn ways to increase your networking and social media presence.
- IS YOUR RESUME WORKING FOR YOU? | Date TBD| Learn new resume standards and ways to highlight your strengths. Bring your resume and leave with solutions and fresh ideas.
- GET READY FOR YOUR JOB SEARCH | Date TBD| Look at career options, understand what you need to do to move forward and plan your targeted job search.
- SET AND SELECT YOUR CAREER GOALS|Date TBD | Goals are dreams that have a plan. Decide where you want to go and learn the steps to get there.
- INCREASE YOUR JOB SEARCH SUCCESS | Date TBD| Look at your career options, understand what you need to do to move forward and plan your targeted job search