Get a fresh start in your career life! Goal setting and career ideas for this year. Workshop Presenter: Claire Marchiano, NBCC Certified Career Counselor.
Career Coaching Workshops: 4 Focus Areas
(cost $10 members; $15 non-members) YWCA Career Coaching Workshops Online Schedule
Focus on Job Search Essentials: Most Wednesdays 10AM-11:30AM
- GET THE JOB YOU WANT | March 1st | Assess your options, weigh the benefits and risks of change and then utilize Planned Happenstance to move forward.
- SET AND SELECT YOUR CAREER GOALS| March 8th | Goals are dreams that have a plan. Decide where you want to go and learn the steps to get there.
- CREATE A PERSONAL BRAND FOR YOUR JOB SEARCH | March 22nd | Name your strength and niche, decide hoe you want others to percive you and deicde your branding strategy.
- IS YOUR RESUME WORKING? | March 29th| Learn new resume standards and ways to highlight your strengths. Bring your resume and leave with solutions and fresh ideas.
Focus on Career Shift at Midlife: Most Wednesdays Noon – 1:30PM
- WORKING IN THE PRIME OF YOUR LIFE | March 1st | Are you in your 40’s, 50’s, 60’s or more? Dream and plan for the present and future you want.
- CREATING AN AGELESS RESUME | March 8th |Aim for the job you want. Stress your strengths and minimize age traps. Bring your current resume to this workshop.
- MAKE YOUR CAREER COMEBACK | March 22nd | Are you under-employed, returning to work or working in a position beneath your skill level? then this workshop is for you!
- 10 STEPS TO A SUCCESSFUL CAREER TRANSITION | March 29th | Know what to change, focus on your target, identify your knowledge skills and abilities, and create a plan to move forward.
Focus on Career Exploration Most Thursdays 10AM – 11:30AM
- FIND YOUR CAREER NICHE |February 23rd | Consider portfolio careers, creative choices, green opportunities, self-employment, merging careers and more.
- GET READY FOR YOUR JOB SEARCH | March 2nd | Assess your career options, expand the known possibilities and plan your targeted job search.
- IDENTIFY YOUR TRANSFERABLE SKILLS | March 9th | Employ various techniques to identify your transferable skills. Brainstorm and map where those skills can take you.
- USE SKILL SCAN TO DEVELOP YOUR SKILL PROFILE | March 23rd | Select and rank your preferred skills. Leave with a personalized skill map and plan of where and how to use your skill pattern.
- PROFILE YOUR WORK PREFERENCES |March 30th | Look at your preferred job functions, likely industries and best skills. See how they combine to push you in a career direction.
Your Potential Employers: Most Thursdays Noon – 1:30PM
- CREATING YOUR EMPLOYMENT PROPOSAL | February 23rd |Zero in on what you have to offer. Identify employers or individuals that could benefit and begin to draft a proposal.
- EARN WHAT YOU’RE WORTH | March 2nd | Realize that you can promote your worth. Discover resources and strategies. Learn and practice salary negotiation.
- WHY SHOULD I HIRE YOU? | March 9th | Practice the words employers need and want to hear and position yourself to be hired.
- FIND OPPORTUNITIES WORKING FOR THE GOVERNMENT | March 23rd | Consider federal, state, county and city opportunities.
- FIND WORK YOU LOVE AT A NON PROFIT | March 30th |Identify jobs in the non profit sector, consider agencies A to Z and consider whether working for a non profit could be for you.