Career Coaching Workshops: 4 Focus Areas
(cost $10 members; $15 non-members)
Focus on Job Search Essentials: Most Wednesdays 10AM-11:30AM
- IS YOUR RESUME WORKING? | May 31st | Learn new resume standards and ways to highlight your strengths. Bring your resume and leave with solutions and fresh ideas.
- GET THE JOB YOU WANT | June 7th | Assess your options, weigh the benefits and risks of change and then utilize Planned Happenstance to move forward.
- JOB MARKETING STRATEGIES | June 14th | Develop and practice your pitch, prepare to communicate what problems you can solve, learn ways to increase your networking and social media presence.
- GET READY FOR YOUR JOB SEARCH | June 21st | Look at career options, understand what you need to do to move forward and plan your targeted job search.
- SET AND SELECT YOUR CAREER GOALS| June 28th | Goals are dreams that have a plan. Decide where you want to go and learn the steps to get there.
Focus on Career Shift at Midlife: Most Wednesdays Noon – 1:30PM
- MAKE YOUR CAREER COMEBACK | May 10th | Are you under-employed, returning to work or working in a position beneath your skill level? then this workshop is for you!
- EARN WHAT YOU’RE WORTH | June 7th | Realize that you can promote your worth. Discover resources and strategies. Learn and practice salary negotiation.
- EXPLORE YOUR WORK CHOICES AT MIDLIFE| June 14th | What do you want at this point in your life? What don’t you want? Where do you find the work you feel called to do?
- TURN YOUR CAREER DREAMS INTO REALITY | June 21st| What do you want? what is stopping you from getting it? What are you doing about it? Look at new resources, get fresh ideas and leave ready to move forward.
- WORKING IN THE PRIME OF YOUR LIFE | June 28th | Are you in your 40’s, 50’s, 60’s or more? Dream and plan for the
Focus on Career Exploration Most Thursdays 10AM – 11:30AM
- USE SKILL SCAN TO DEVELOP YOUR SKILL PROFILE | May 11th | Select and rank your preferred skills. Leave with a personalized skill map and plan of where and how to use your skill pattern.
- EXPAND YOUR CAREER OPTIONS |June 22nd | Consider niche careers, portfolio careers, creative choices, green opportunities, self-employment, emerging careers and more.
- BUILD ON YOUR ACADEMIC DEGREES |June 29th | Look at your academic and work life. Evaluate your choices and strategize your next career move.
Your Potential Employers: Most Thursdays Noon – 1:30PM
- FIND WORK YOU LOVE AT A NON PROFIT | May 11th |Identify jobs in the non profit sector, consider agencies A to Z and consider whether working for a non profit could be for you.
- FIND EMPLOYERS THAT NEED YOU | June 22nd | Focus on your job target, discover employers that fit you, create a list of employers to follow, add new resources, create a strategy to move forward.
- CREATING YOUR EMPLOYMENT PROPOSAL | June 29th |Zero in on what you have to offer. Identify employers or individuals that could benefit and begin to draft a proposal.
Continue volunteering with the YWCA Berkeley/Oakland after you graduate!
Join the team of recent Berkeley graduates who are continuing to advocate for the elimination of racism and empowerment of women, by supporting the YWCA. If you are interested in learning how to stay involved once you’ve graduated, join our monthly conference call and expand your network of young leaders.
For more information email email@example.com.
Click here to see the English-in-Action page for more information.Volunteers Needed All Year Long! Office Hours to register with the program: Regular Office Hours: Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 10AM – 3PM Summer: Wednesdays only, 10AM – 3PM After hours, leave a message at (510) 843-9716 Contact E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For International Visitors: To practice English and learn about American culture come by during office hours to register with the program.
For Volunteers: Help international visitors and their families improve their English conversational skills and understanding of American life. While international partners gain valuable practice speaking English, you can meet people from other cultures and build friendships.
English In Action Program (EIA): Volunteer tutors meet with one or more international partners at least one hour each week to converse casually, increasing participants’ competency in the English language. These meetings can take place at your convenience. To sign-up, stop by during office hours, call (510) 843-9716 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Drop by Thursday mornings, 9:30AM to 12PM in the Auditorium. (Summer: 10am – 12pm)
Click here for more information
Attention international visitors, spouses and children! Explore the cultural and recreational resources of Berkeley and California. The Centre provides programs and resources for international visitors, allowing them to meet people of other cultures and become comfortable in their new community. The Centre, organized by volunteers of the University Section Club, meets on Thursday mornings. Stop by the YWCA to pick up a complete schedule with descriptions.
Advocate to End Human Trafficking! No experience necessary.
Become an intern today! Meet new people & make new friends, while advocating to end human trafficking through education and advocacy! Learn about sex and labor trafficking through interactive workshops and incredible guest speakers. You will get to network with local organizations to expand your professional network and build up your resume for future jobs. Everyone is welcome to join!
For more information call (510) 848-6370 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Control of Your Finances!
Workshops to Empower You and Your Money!
Resumes. Paychecks. Loans. Budgets. These words shouldn’t scare you! Come learn how to improve your resume, follow effective budgets, and increase your funds. Our money workshops are designed to empower you with tools, knowledge, and support as you navigate through your career and financial worlds. Make a smart, money-saving decision and attend these interactive classes. It’s time to invest in the best stock: yourself! Check out our website for updates about our monthly workshops. Workshop dates coming soon.