GET A FRESH START IN YOUR CAREER LIFE!
Career Coach: Claire Marchiano, NBCC Certified Career Counselor and former Career Center Coordinator at EASTBAY Works Concord, who brings wide experience working with clients of diverse backgrounds, education, fields and levels of experience.
Now that the YWCA is open, our Career Coach is offering both small workshops onsite at the YWCA and personal, one-on-one career coaching sessions over the phone. Must be or become a YWCA member (membership is $25) to sign up, and the first 30-minute session is free! Additional appointments will be $25/appointment.
Sessions available: Monday and Wednesday mornings, and other times available by arrangement.
What topics will we discuss?
This session will be personalized to your needs! Are you considering a career move because of COVID-19 and feeling stuck? Do you know what you want but could use some help coming up with new strategies? Are you discouraged and need a job search partner? Claire will provide guidance and resources accordingly.
HOW TO SIGN UP:
- If you are not already a member, please Become a Member ($25 annual fee) to receive your free 30-minute session.
- Create your Personal Profile to get started.
- Our Career Coach will reach out to you to schedule your session.
*Please allow at least one week in advance to schedule your session*
CAREER COACHING: WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
YWCA Berkeley/Oakland Member: $10/per Workshop
Non-YWCA Berkeley/Oakland Member: $20/per Workshop
Email Claire Marchiano at email@example.com with questions or to sign up for a workshop. You can pay at the front desk on the day of the workshop before entering the classroom. Or, you can register the day of the workshop. You can also join the YWCA at that time for $25 and then pay the member fee for the workshop of $10 instead of $20.
- Wednesday, September 1st
- Create a Personal Brand For Your Job Search (10AM-11:30AM)
- Explore Your Work Choices at Midlife (12PM-1:30PM)
- Thursday, September 2nd
- Use SkillScan to Develop Your Skill Profile (10AM-11:30AM)
- Find Your Career Niche In this New COVID Workplace (12PM-1:30PM)
- Thursday, September 9th
- Profile Your Work Preferences; See Where They Take You (10AM-11:30AM)
- Why Should I Hire You? Practice Interviewing (12PM-1:30PM)
- Thursday, September 16th
- Move On in Your Career Now (10AM-11:30AM)
- Creating an Ageless Resume (12PM-1:30PM)
- Thursday, September 23rd
- Working Using Your International Experience (10AM-11:30AM)
- Find Employers That Need You In This Changed COVID World (12PM-1:30PM)
- Thursday, September 30th
- 10 Steps to a Successful Career Transition (10AM-11:30AM)
- Create an Employment Proposal (12PM-1:30PM)
- Wednesday, October 6th
- Look Again at Your Transferable Skills and Experience (10AM-11:30AM)
- Make Your Career Comeback (12PM-1:30PM)
- Thursday, October 7th
- Get the Job You Want Now (10AM-11:30AM)
- Growth Spots in Public and Private Employment (12PM-1:30PM)
- Thursday, October 14th
- Is Your Resume Working for You? (10AM-11:30AM)
- Finding Your Career Path at Midlife (12PM-1:30PM)
- Wednesday, October 20th
- Job Search Networking and Marketing Strategies (10AM-11:30AM)
- Turn Your Career Dreams Into Reality (12PM-1:30PM)
- Thursday, October 21st
- Make Your Next Career Move In Spite of COVID (10AM-11:30AM)
- Find Meaningful Paid Work at a Nonprofit Organization (12PM-1:30PM)
- Thursday, October 28th
- See Where Your College Degree(s) Can Take You (10AM-11:30AM)
- Earn What You’re Worth (12PM-1:30PM)