Our three goals guiding all our work are the elimination of racism, the economic empowerment of women and the development of leaders.
We invite you to become a member, attend classes or volunteer in our many programs in: mentoring, leadership development, financial literacy, working with youth and empowerment. To support us, you can make tax-deductible donations through PayPal. If you would like to join our membership or newsletter, we hope you will enroll today. Thank you!
The YWCA will be closed on the following dates:
- Winter Holiday Break: Closed December 22, 2014 through January 2, 2015. Re-open January 5, 2015 at 9AM.
- Monday, January 19: Martin Luther King Jr. holiday
- Monday, February 16: Presidents’ Day holiday
- Friday, March 27: Cesar Chavez Day holiday
- Monday, May 25: Memorial Day holiday
Join us for our 7th ANNUAL YWCA BERKELEY/OAKLAND YOUNG WOMEN AND MONEY CONFERENCE being held on SATURDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2014! This conference will help you gain financial independence and success.
“Before I had a lot of fear about my finances and just avoided it because it was so overwhelming and now I have the courage to start getting them under control.” – 2012 Participant
“This conference has changed my relationship and attitude towards money! I’m excited to start!” – 2012 Participant
“Keep the conferences coming because they really help and inspire!” – 2012 Participant
- Fantastic Keynote Speakers
- Two workshops of your choice
- 3-course lunch
- Raffle prizes
- Financial Resources and giveaways
- And more!
- Chances to win many great prizes including $100 Target Gift Cards
- Live and Silent Auction
- Hors d’oeuvres
- No host Bar
- Door prizes
BOMBAY JAM | Tuesday, April 28 | 5PM
Join Phiroozeh in this Bollywood dance fitness class, where the energetic and infectious world of Bollywood will put a smile on your face.
BELLY DANCE | Wed, April 29 | 6:30 PM
Let Natalie teach you how to isolate different muscles and create a deeper sense of body awareness in this ancient Middle Eastern art form.
ALOHA HULA | Thurs, April 30 | 6:15 PM
Have fun with Jonica and get a great work out by learning the fundamentals to Hawaiian hula.
Come Join Us!