Our three goals guiding all our work are the elimination of racism, the economic empowerment of women and the development of leaders.
We invite you to become a member, attend classes or volunteer in our many programs in: mentoring, leadership development, financial literacy, working with youth and empowerment. To support us, you can make tax-deductible donations through PayPal. If you would like to join our membership or newsletter, we hope you will enroll today. Thank you!
Have a high school student shadow YOU for a day! Cal students apply now to be a mentor!
Questions to email@example.com.
New at the YWCA! Goal setting and career ideas to kick off your new year. Workshop Presenter: Claire Marchiano, NBCC Certified Career Counselor.
The YWCA will be closed on the following dates:
- Winter Holiday Break: Closed December 22, 2014 through January 2, 2015. Re-open January 5, 2015 at 9AM.
- Monday, January 19: Martin Luther King Jr. holiday
- Monday, February 16: Presidents’ Day holiday
- Friday, March 27: Cesar Chavez Day holiday
- Monday, May 25: Memorial Day holiday
Join us for our 7th ANNUAL YWCA BERKELEY/OAKLAND YOUNG WOMEN AND MONEY CONFERENCE being held on SATURDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2014! This conference will help you gain financial independence and success.
“Before I had a lot of fear about my finances and just avoided it because it was so overwhelming and now I have the courage to start getting them under control.” – 2012 Participant
“This conference has changed my relationship and attitude towards money! I’m excited to start!” – 2012 Participant
“Keep the conferences coming because they really help and inspire!” – 2012 Participant
- Fantastic Keynote Speakers
- Two workshops of your choice
- 3-course lunch
- Raffle prizes
- Financial Resources and giveaways
- And more!
- Chances to win many great prizes including $100 Target Gift Cards
- Live and Silent Auction
- Hors d’oeuvres
- No host Bar
- Door prizes
See Below For All March Worskhop DatesWorkshop Presenter: Claire Marchiano, NBCC Certified Career Counselor. Register Online For All Workshops. All workshops held at the YWCA. (510) 848-6370 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. MARCH WORKSHOPS (Each workshop $10 members/$12 non-members unless noted.)
- THE 3RD QUARTER OF LIFE – NEW BEGINNINGS: Wed. 3/4, 10 AM to 11:30 AM: Look at what matters to you and your passions, concerns, strengths. Explore the possibilities. Do you have to work? Do you want to work? What matters to you? You can then dream and plan.
- PRIME OF YOUR LIFE CIRCLE (FOR 40+): Wednesday, March 11th & 18th, 10 AM to 11:30 AM: Are these your questions? What’s next? What should I be doing? How do I get there? Is this my time? How do I balance my life now? How do I find the work I was meant to do?
- THE ART OF POSSIBILITY BOOK CIRCLE: Tues. 3/3 & 3/10, 10 AM to 11:30 AM ($20 members/$25 non-members): Join the book circle at the YWCA: Read Benjamin Zander’s book on your own; Discuss the transformation you are seeking; Consider the practices in the book; Bring creativity into your decision making; Commit to what will help you move forward.
- DEVELOPING AND COMMUNICATING YOUR PERSONAL BRAND: Tues. 3/17, 10:30 AM to 12noon: Uncover what is unique about you; Name your strength; Begin to identify how others perceive you; Decide how you want them to think of you; Identify who and what is your target; Develop your online and connecting strategy; Initiate your marketing plan.
- CREATING YOUR EMPLOYMENT PROPOSAL: Tues. 3/24, 10:30 AM to 12noon: Zero in on what you have to offer; Identify employers or agencies or clients that could benefit from what you want to offer; Begin to write a proposal; Include what you can deliver; State what you expect; Decide on your next action.
- FINDING YOUR NICHE: WORKING FOR THE GOVERNMENT: Wed. 3/25, 10 AM to 11:30 AM: Expand your knowledge about jobs in the public sector; Demystify the application process for Federal Jobs; Know how to demonstrate KSA’s and why you need them; Find your place in civil service work; Discover how and where to look for state jobs; Understand why MQs are critical for county positions; Realize what it takes to succeed.