The YWCA Berkeley/Oakland is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, developing leaders and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
We invite you to become a member, attend classes or volunteer in our many programs in: mentoring, leadership development, financial literacy, working with youth and empowerment. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation through PayPal. Please join our membership and sign up for our newsletter. Thank you!
NEW season of classes starting February! Have fun while getting fit, and stick to your New Year’s resolutions!
Bring a friend for free to class the first week (2/1 – 2/4). Two for $12, any class listed.
Click here for updated schedule!
The YWCA will be closed on the following dates:
- Winter holiday break: Last Day Open Friday Dec. 18, 2015; Re-Open Monday Jan. 4, 2016
- Monday, January 18: Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday
- Monday, February 15: Presidents’ Day holiday
- Friday, March 25: Cesar Chavez Day holiday
- Monday, May 30: Memorial Day holiday
Join us for our 8th Annual YWCA Berkeley/Oakland Young Women & Money Conference being held on Saturday, December 5, 2015! This conference will help you gain financial independence and success.
“Before I had a lot of fear about my finances and just avoided it because it was so overwhelming and now I have the courage to start getting them under control.” – 2012 Participant
“I attended the Young Women and Money Conference and it was incredibly inspiring. So much so that I now have a Roth IRA and have saved nearly $2,000!” – 2014 Participant
- Fantastic Keynote Speakers
- Two workshops of your choice
- 3-course lunch
- Tote Bag & Financial Resource giveaways
- Raffle Prizes
- And more!
- Chances to win many great prizes including $100 Target Gift Cards
Make Money Goals! FREE Financial Literacy Workshops!Each workshop covers a different financial literacy topic. Attend 1 or all! All workshops are FREE for YWCA members and only $5 for non-members and held at the YWCA. RSVP using the event links below. Pre-register for any workshop or send questions to email@example.com. Bring a friend! Limited Space. All Workshops: Mondays 6- 7 PM at the YWCA
- January 11, 2016: Entrepreneur for the Evening RSVP HERE: http://moneyjan11.eventbrite.com
Come explore what it’s like to build a business with this interactive workshop in which you will get into groups to work on developing a business plan. Whether you have an idea of a business you’d like to start or simply curious about the idea, this fun workshop will be a team-building experience you can walk away from with new skills in forming a business and working collaboratively. Presented by Barbara Lippard, SCORE counselor. SCORE is a nationwide non-profit providing free start up and small business mentoring and workshops.
- February 8, 2016: The Way to Wealth RSVP HERE: http://moneyfeb8.eventbrite.com
Are you struggling financially? Would you like to know how get ahead? Author, Jack Vincent will reveal how the the wisdom of Benjamin Franklin in “The Way to Wealth”, laid the foundation for his financial success and how this age old wisdom can help you too! You will learn the 17 pitfalls that lead to financial slavery and the 23 principles that lead to wealth and financial prosperity. Everyone in attendance will get a signed copy of the book – FREE.
- March 7, 2016: Creating a Business Plan So you want to start a business, but have no idea how to start… Or, maybe you already have a business, such as tutoring, but you want to grow it. This workshop will go over how to create a business plan and how to select a legal structure (such as LLC) to help grow your business in the best way possible. Presented by Barbara Lippard, SCORE counselor. SCORE is a nationwide non-profit providing free start up and small business mentoring and workshops.
- April 18, 2016: Introduction to Investing Interested in investing, but unsure how to begin? Come to this free workshop to learn some basic terminology, techniques and tips on how to invest wisely. Presented by Frank Pare, CFP and Founder of PF Wealth Management Group.
Resumes. Paychecks. Loans. Budgets. These words shouldn’t scare you! Come learn how to improve your resume, follow effective budgets, and increase your funds. Our money workshops are designed to empower you with tools, knowledge, and support as you navigate through your career and financial worlds. Make a smart, money-saving decision and attend these FREE interactive classes. It’s time to invest in the best stock: yourself!