The YWCA Berkeley/Oakland is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, developing leaders and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
We invite you to become a member, attend classes or volunteer in our many programs in: mentoring, leadership development, financial literacy, working with youth and empowerment. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation through PayPal. Please join our membership and sign up for our newsletter. Thank you!
Goal setting and ideas to kick start your career! Workshop Presenter: Claire Marchiano, NBCC Certified Career Counselor.
The YWCA will be closed on the following dates:
- Winter holiday break: Last Day Open Friday Dec. 18, 2015; Re-Open Monday Jan. 4, 2016
- Monday, January 18: Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday
- Monday, February 15: Presidents’ Day holiday
- Friday, March 25: Cesar Chavez Day holiday
- Monday, May 30: Memorial Day holiday
Join us for our 8th Annual YWCA Berkeley/Oakland Young Women & Money Conference being held on Saturday, December 5, 2015! This conference will help you gain financial independence and success.
“Before I had a lot of fear about my finances and just avoided it because it was so overwhelming and now I have the courage to start getting them under control.” – 2012 Participant
“I attended the Young Women and Money Conference and it was incredibly inspiring. So much so that I now have a Roth IRA and have saved nearly $2,000!” – 2014 Participant
- Fantastic Keynote Speakers
- Two workshops of your choice
- 3-course lunch
- Tote Bag & Financial Resource giveaways
- Raffle Prizes
- And more!
- Chances to win many great prizes including $100 Target Gift Cards
Career Development July Workshops
Workshop Presenter: Claire Marchiano, NBCC Certified Career Counselor.
Register Online For All Workshops. All workshops held at the YWCA. (510) 848-6370 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See Below For All July Worskhop Dates
JULY WORKSHOPS (Each workshop $10 members/$15 non-members unless noted.)This workshop series can be taken individually or as a series. $10 members/$15 non-members per workshop. Member special: All workshops for $50.
- FIND YOUR BEST EMPLOYER | July 6th from 10:00-11:30am | Find out which companies are hiring, learn which jobs and industries are hot, expand where you look and explore new resources to use
- EXPLORE YOUR WORK CHOICES AT MIDLIFE | July 6th from 12:00-1:30pm | What do you want at this point in your life? What don’t you want? How do you find the work you feel called to do?
- SELECT AND SET YOUR CAREER GOALS | July 7th from 10:00-11:30am | Move from Few to Multiple Possibilities. Make a Plan to Move from Here to Where You Choose to Go.
- WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT | July 7th from 12:00-1:30pm | Demystify the application process for applying for federal jobs, discover how and where to successfully look for state and county jobs.
- CREATE A PERSONAL BRAND FOR YOUR JOB SEARCH | July 13th from 10:00-11:30am | Name your strength and niche, decide how you want others to perceive you and develop your branding strategy.
- MAKE A CAREER COMEBACK | July 13th from 12:00-1:30pm |Are you under-employed, returning to work or working in a position beneath your skill level? This workshop is for you!
- NONTRADITIONAL CAREER PATHS | July 14th from 10:00-11:30am |Describe what alternative means to you. Explore new career choices and nontraditional ways of working.
- CREATING YOUR EMPLOYMENT PROPOSAL |July 14th from 12:00-1:30pm | Zero in on what you have to offer, identify employers or agencies that could benefit from what you have to offer and write a draft proposal.
- USE YOUR COLLEGE DEGREE | July 27th from 10:00-11:30am | Assess your career options, expand the known possibilities and plan your targeted job search.
- 10 STEPS TO A SUCCESSFUL CAREER CHANGE | July 27th from 12:00-1:30pm | Know why you want to change, focus on your target, identify your Knowledge Skills and Abilities, & create a plan to move forward.
- PROFILE YOUR WORK PREFERENCES | July 28th from 10:00-11:30am | Look at your preferred job functions, likely industries & best skills. Leave with a roadmap.
- IS YOUR RESUME WORKING FOR YOU? | July 28th from 12:00-1:30pm | Learn new resume standards, weigh the value of different styles. Brainstorm ways to highlight and de-emphasize as needed; leave with solutions.