The YWCA Berkeley/Oakland is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, developing leaders and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
We invite you to become a member, attend classes or volunteer in our many programs in: mentoring, leadership development, financial literacy, working with youth and empowerment. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation through PayPal. Please join our membership and sign up for our newsletter. Thank you!
Goal setting and ideas to kick start your career! Workshop Presenter: Claire Marchiano, NBCC Certified Career Counselor.
The YWCA will be closed on the following dates:
- Monday, September 5: Labor Day holiday
- Friday, November 11: Veterans’ Day holiday
- Thursday-Friday, November 24-25: Thanksgiving Day holiday
- December 19, 2016 – January 3, 2017: Winter holiday break
Join us for our 8th Annual YWCA Berkeley/Oakland Young Women & Money Conference being held on Saturday, December 5, 2015! This conference will help you gain financial independence and success.
“Before I had a lot of fear about my finances and just avoided it because it was so overwhelming and now I have the courage to start getting them under control.” – 2012 Participant
“I attended the Young Women and Money Conference and it was incredibly inspiring. So much so that I now have a Roth IRA and have saved nearly $2,000!” – 2014 Participant
- Fantastic Keynote Speakers
- Two workshops of your choice
- 3-course lunch
- Tote Bag & Financial Resource giveaways
- Raffle Prizes
- And more!
- Chances to win many great prizes including $100 Target Gift Cards
Career Development August Workshops
Workshop Presenter: Claire Marchiano, NBCC Certified Career Counselor.
Register Online For All Workshops. All workshops held at the YWCA. (510) 848-6370 or e-mail to email@example.com.
See Below For All August Workshop Dates
AUGUST WORKSHOPS (Each workshop $10 members/$15 non-members unless noted.)This workshop series can be taken individually or as a series. $10 members/$15 non-members per workshop. Member special: All workshops for $50.
- TURNING YOUR CAREER DREAMS INTO REALITY | August 4th from 10:00-11:30am | Figure out fresh ideas for what you want and leave unstuck.
- WORKING FOR A NONPROFIT | August 4th from 12:00-1:30pm | Identify jobs in the nonprofit sector, consider agencies from A to Z, and discover that working for a nonprofit could be for you.
- HOW CAN I EARN WHAT I’M WORTH? | August 10th from 10:00-11:30am | Realize that you can promote your worth, practice useful phrases for salary negotiation and leave with resources and a plan.
- WORK IN YOUR 3RD QUARTER OF LIFE | August 10th from 12:00-1:30pm | Are you in your 40’s, 50’s. 60’s or 70’s? Let’s look at what matters to you, then dream and plan the future you want.
- IDENTIFY YOUR CAREER STRENGTHS WITH KEIRSEY | August 11th from 10:00-11:30am |Take this temperament sorter & understand your profile. Expand your ideas about career fit.
- GET THE JOB YOU WANT | August 11th from 12:00-1:30pm |Assess your options and select. Utilize planned happenstance and move forward.
- JOB SEARCH MARKETING STRATEGIES | August 17th from 10:00-11:30am | Develop your pitch, prepare to communicate what problems you can solve, consider additional ways to use social media and networking.
- CREATING AN AGELESS RESUME | August 17th from 12:00-1:30pm | Aim for the job you want. Stress your strengths and minimize age traps.
- SELECT AND SET YOUR CAREER GOALS | August 24th from 10:00-11:30am | Move from Few to Multiple Possibilities. Make a Plan to Move from Here to Where You Choose to Go.
- WORKING USING YOUR INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE | August 24th from 12:00-1:30pm | Target employers that need your background and skills.
- IDENTIFY YOUR TRANSFERABLE SKILLS | August 25th from 10:00-11:30am | Employ various techniques to identify your transferable skills. Brainstorm where those skills can lead you.
- WHY SHOULD I HIRE YOU? | August 25th from 12:00-1:30pm | Show your potential employer the value you bring.
- FIND YOUR BEST EMPLOYER | August 31tst from 10:00-11:30am | Find out which companies are hiring, learn which jobs and industries are hot, expand where you look and explore new resources to use.
- EXPLORE YOUR WORK CHOICES AT MIDLIFE | August 31st from 12:00-1:30pm | What do you want at this point in your life? What don’t you want? How do you find the work you feel called to do?