The YWCA Berkeley/Oakland is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, developing leaders and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
We invite you to become a member, attend classes or volunteer in our many programs in: mentoring, leadership development, financial literacy, working with youth and empowerment. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation through PayPal. Please join our membership and sign up for our newsletter. Thank you!
Goal setting and ideas to kick start your career! Workshop Presenter: Claire Marchiano, NBCC Certified Career Counselor.
The YWCA will be closed on the following dates:
- Winter holiday break: Last Day Open Friday Dec. 18, 2015; Re-Open Monday Jan. 4, 2016
- Monday, January 18: Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday
- Monday, February 15: Presidents’ Day holiday
- Friday, March 25: Cesar Chavez Day holiday
- Monday, May 30: Memorial Day holiday
Join us for our 8th Annual YWCA Berkeley/Oakland Young Women & Money Conference being held on Saturday, December 5, 2015! This conference will help you gain financial independence and success.
“Before I had a lot of fear about my finances and just avoided it because it was so overwhelming and now I have the courage to start getting them under control.” – 2012 Participant
“I attended the Young Women and Money Conference and it was incredibly inspiring. So much so that I now have a Roth IRA and have saved nearly $2,000!” – 2014 Participant
- Fantastic Keynote Speakers
- Two workshops of your choice
- 3-course lunch
- Tote Bag & Financial Resource giveaways
- Raffle Prizes
- And more!
- Chances to win many great prizes including $100 Target Gift Cards
Career Development June Workshops
Workshop Presenter: Claire Marchiano, NBCC Certified Career Counselor.
Register Online For All Workshops. All workshops held at the YWCA. (510) 848-6370 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See Below For All June Worskhop Dates
JUNE WORKSHOPS (Each workshop $10 members/$15 non-members unless noted.)This workshop series can be taken individually or as a series. $10 members/$15 non-members per workshop. Member special: All workshops for $50.
- HOW CAN I EARN WHAT I’M WORTH? | June 1st from 10:00-11:30am | Realize that you can promote your worth, practice useful phrases for salary negotiation and leave with resources and a plan.
- WORK IN YOUR 3RD QUARTER OF LIFE | June 1st from 12:00-1:30pm | Are you in your 40’s, 50’s. 60’s or 70’s? Let’s look at what matters to you, then dream and plan the future you want.
- GETTING UNSTUCK IN YOUR CAREER OR JOB SEARCH | June 2nd from 10:00-11:30am | Focus on what you want and what is stopping you from getting it. Decide what you are going to do to move forward.
- WORKING FOR A NONPROFIT | June 2nd from 12:00-1:30pm | Identify jobs in the nonprofit sector, consider agencies from A to Z, and discover that working for a nonprofit could be for you.
- USE SKILLSCAN TO DEVELOP YOUR SKILL PROFILE | June 9th from 10:00-11:30am | Use this card sort to rank your skills, Discover skill categories that fit you, Leave with your personal skill map.
- WORKING USING YOUR INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE | June 9th from 12:00-1:30pm | Target employers that need your background and skills.
- IDENTIFY YOUR CAREER STRENGETHS WITH KEIRSEY | June 23rd from 10:00-11:30am |Take this temperament sorter & understand your profile. Expand your ideas about career fit.
- GET THE JOB YOU WANT | June 23rd from 12:00-1:30pm |Assess your options and select. Utilize planned happenstance and move forward.
- MARKETING STRATEGIES TO LAND THE JOB YOU WANT | June 29th from 10:00-11:30am | Develop your pitch, prepare to communicate what problems you can solve, consider additional ways to use social media and networking.
- CREATING AN AGELESS RESUME | June 29th from 12:00-1:30pm | Aim for the job you want. Stress your strengths and minimize age traps.
- IDENTIFY YOUR TRANSFERABLE SKILLS | June 30th from 10:00-11:30am | Employ various techniques to identify your transferable skills. Brainstorm where those skills can lead you.
- WHY SHOULD I HIRE YOU? | June 30th from 12:00-1:30pm | Show your potential employer the value you bring.