Our three goals guiding all our work are the elimination of racism, the economic empowerment of women and the development of leaders.
We invite you to become a member, attend classes or volunteer in our many programs in: mentoring, leadership development, financial literacy, working with youth and empowerment. To support us, you can make tax-deductible donations through PayPal. If you would like to join our membership or newsletter, we hope you will enroll today. Thank you!
The YWCA will be closed on the following dates:
- Winter Holiday Break: Closed December 22, 2014 through January 2, 2015. Re-open January 5, 2015 at 9AM.
- Monday, January 19: Martin Luther King Jr. holiday
- Monday, February 16: Presidents’ Day holiday
- Friday, March 27: Cesar Chavez Day holiday
- Monday, May 25: Memorial Day holiday
Join us for our 7th ANNUAL YWCA BERKELEY/OAKLAND YOUNG WOMEN AND MONEY CONFERENCE being held on SATURDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2014! This conference will help you gain financial independence and success.
“Before I had a lot of fear about my finances and just avoided it because it was so overwhelming and now I have the courage to start getting them under control.” – 2012 Participant
“This conference has changed my relationship and attitude towards money! I’m excited to start!” – 2012 Participant
“Keep the conferences coming because they really help and inspire!” – 2012 Participant
- Fantastic Keynote Speakers
- Two workshops of your choice
- 3-course lunch
- Raffle prizes
- Financial Resources and giveaways
- And more!
- Chances to win many great prizes including $100 Target Gift Cards
- Live and Silent Auction
- Hors d’oeuvres
- No host Bar
- Door prizes
See Below For All April Workshop DatesWorkshop Presenter: Claire Marchiano, NBCC Certified Career Counselor. Register Online For All Workshops. All workshops held at the YWCA. (510) 848-6370 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
APRIL WORKSHOPS (Each 1 hr workshop $8 members/$10 non-members; Each 1.5 hr workshop $12 members/ $15 non-members)
- GETTING THE JOB YOU WANT: Wed. 4/8, 10 AM to 11:30 AM: Assess your career options, remember your skills and strengths, consider your requirements and timeline, and utilize “planned happenstance” to get the job you want.
- IS YOUR RESUME WORKING FOR YOU?: Wed. 4/8, 12noon to 1 PM: Learn key words that resume robots like, see why accomplishment statements matter, weigh the value of different styles, develop your profile statement and increase the value of this branding and marketing tool.
- WORKING USING MY INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE: Wed. 4/15, 10 AM to 11:30 AM: Name your skills, consider what you know, see where your past can lead you, reach for alternative possibilities, identify skill gaps, and learn how and where to fill them.
- WHO’S HIRING?: Wed. 4/15, 12noon to 1 PM: Find out which companies are hiring, learn which jobs and industries are hot, expand where you look, explore new resources to use and stretch your skills to match more positions.
- 10 STEPS TO A SUCCESSFUL CAREER CHANGE: Wed. 4/22, 10 AM to 11:30 AM: Know why you want to change, focus on your target, identify your KSA’s, count reasons to move forward and 6 more steps.
- HOW CAN I EARN WHAT I’M WORTH?: Wed. 4/22,12noon to 1 PM: Learn which industries and jobs pay more, remember where money falls on your scale of values, realize that you can promote your worth, practice useful phrases for salary negotiation and leave with the feeling that you can control your future.
- WORKING FOR A NONPROFIT: Wed. 4/29, 10 AM to 11:30 AM: Identify jobs in the nonprofit sector, consider agencies from A to Z, discover job titles that could work for you, and realize that nonprofits provide opportunities to do work that matters while earning a living.
- WHY SHOULD I HIRE YOU?: Wed. 4/29, 12noon to 1 PM: Position yourself to be hired, prepare to communicate what problems you can solve, learn to show how you can increase an employer’s worth, leave with renewed confidence that you will be chosen.